Saturday, May 15, 2010

A little good old fashioned red, white, and blue

Well, Memorial Day is coming up.. 
to me that screams a good ole barbeque..
even if it's just me and the hubby (and of course the babe)
But even if it's just us.. 
I got to put up some decorations
(especially since they will double for fourth of July)
So Ms. Martha.. 
what decorating ideas to you have for us this year?!

I love this star garland.. not too hard.. probably wouldn't 
bother sewing it though.. 
just glue.. shhh don't tell
Star Garland

I just love these sort-of napkin rings.
so simple to make.. 

And I adore this garland.. 

Who doesn't love sparklers.. 
well I have been a bit afraid of them burning 
my hands.. 
but these paper ones are safe for all hands
big and small..


And to end the night I was thinking of trying this recipe from foodnetwork
What I know sounds crazy right.. 
But I think that I can handle it.. 

Picture of Watermelon-Coconut Cooler Recipe
(image-foodnetwork)

Directions

Blend 8 cups frozen cubed watermelon with 8 ounces lemon vodka, 7 ounces simple syrup (see No. 17) and a 17.5-ounce can coconut juice. Serve with watermelon wedges.





No comments:

Post a Comment